Mokume Gane 14K Rose Gold, 14K Yellow Gold, and Shakudo Purple Sapphire Ring
This 14K rose gold, 14K yellow gold, and shakudo 2k mokumé gane ring features an untreated, natural, modified lozenge cut purple sapphire (0.52CT). The bezel is 14K rose gold, and the inner band is 14K yellow gold. It has a variable width of 2.5mm to 8.8mm. Size 6 available.
1 in stock
- Materials and Sizes
14K Rose Gold, 14K Yellow Gold, Shakudo
- Ask Us a Question
- Caring for Your Jewelry
Caring for Your Jewelry
CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR TIMBERLAKE FINE ART JEWELRY
PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
To prolong the life of your fine jewelry and protect it from damage, we recommend the following care:
Activities to Avoid While Wearing Your Jewelry:
The following activities will expedite the speed of oxidation of your jewelry, and potentially cause damage, especially to stones. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not wear your jewelry while:
- Using cleaning chemicals;
- Applying lotions and perfumes;
- Lifting heavy objects (e.g. lifting free weights, carrying metal furniture, yard work, etc.);
- Washing dishes;
- Engaging in any activity that results in a sustained amount of time in water;
- Engaging in any activity with potential damage to the hands, such as rock climbing, auto repair, construction, etc.
Recommended Cleaning of Your Jewelry:
- Use a mild, non-abrasive soap and warm water.
- For particularly dirty jewelry, gently clean using a soft toothbrush with mild soap and water.
- You can remove tarnish from silver on the inside of a ring with a silver or general jewelry polishing cloth. (NOTE: if you use a polishing cloth on the patterned Mokumé surfaces, the polish may temporarily make the pattern difficult to see. The pattern should return as the metals oxidize in reaction to the environment.)
- If a polished stone inlay has become dull, you may want to return it to us for re-finishing.
- Ring Fitting
We highly recommend visiting at least two to three reputable jewelers to have your finger sized. They should use standard fit sizers, and they should agree on the size. It is also important to tell the jewelers how wide your ring will be since width is a determining factor in sizing.
Meteorite rings and rings with inlay cannot be re-sized.
- About Mokumé Gane
About Mokumé Gane
What is Mokume?
Translated from Japanese, Mokume Gane means wood eye metal. It is a layered metal that is used to make jewelry and other fine crafts. It was first developed by Denbei Shoami, a Japanese master metalsmith, for use as decoration on sword hilts and handles.
- Options for Special Orders
Options for Special Orders
A special order based on this design can be created. Special order pieces can be made in most metals, and the inlay, center stone, and accent stones (if applicable) can be modified based on your preferences in most cases. Please contact us for more information using the “Ask us a Question” form on this page.
Special order delivery time is 4-6 weeks. Rush deliveries are available for an additional fee. Engraving is available upon request and ranges in price from $15-$30.
Every piece is handmade. Variations will occur.
For a completely custom design, please visit our Custom Designs page.
You may also like…
Aquamarine and Spinel Engagement Ring$1,900.00
Mokumé Gane 14K Rose Gold, Shakudo, and Sterling Silver Ring with Green Tourmaline$1,675.00
14K Palladium White Gold 3 Stone Engagement Ring with Sapphire and Emeralds$2,800.00
Mokume Gane 14K Palladium White Gold and Sterling Silver with Trillion Tanzanite$2,275.00
Amethyst and Sapphire 14K Palladium White Gold Ring$1,715.00