Cuttlefish Cast Two Band Sterling Silver and Gold Sugilite Ring
Cuttlefish Cast Sterling Silver Triangle Sugilite Two Band Ring, 14K yellow gold bezel with sterling silver backing, sugilite approximately 9mm x 12mm, cuttlefish bands approximately 1.5mm each, variable total width 12.5mm to 1.7mm, size 6.25
1 in stock
- Materials and Sizes
14K Yellow Gold, Sterling Silver
- Ask Us a Question
- Caring for Your Jewelry
Caring for Your Jewelry
CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR TIMBERLAKE FINE ART JEWELRY
PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
To prolong the life of your fine jewelry and protect it from damage, we recommend the following care:
Activities to Avoid While Wearing Your Jewelry:
The following activities will expedite the speed of oxidation of your jewelry, and potentially cause damage, especially to stones. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not wear your jewelry while:
- Using cleaning chemicals;
- Applying lotions and perfumes;
- Lifting heavy objects (e.g. lifting free weights, carrying metal furniture, yard work, etc.);
- Washing dishes;
- Engaging in any activity that results in a sustained amount of time in water;
- Engaging in any activity with potential damage to the hands, such as rock climbing, auto repair, construction, etc.
Recommended Cleaning of Your Jewelry:
- Use a mild, non-abrasive soap and warm water.
- For particularly dirty jewelry, gently clean using a soft toothbrush with mild soap and water.
- You can remove tarnish from silver on the inside of a ring with a silver or general jewelry polishing cloth. (NOTE: if you use a polishing cloth on the patterned Mokumé surfaces, the polish may temporarily make the pattern difficult to see. The pattern should return as the metals oxidize in reaction to the environment.)
- If a polished stone inlay has become dull, you may want to return it to us for re-finishing.
- Ring Fitting
We highly recommend visiting at least two to three reputable jewelers to have your finger sized. They should use standard fit sizers, and they should agree on the size. It is also important to tell the jewelers how wide your ring will be since width is a determining factor in sizing.
Meteorite rings and rings with inlay cannot be re-sized.
- About the Cuttlefish Process
About the Cuttlefish Process
Metal is cold-cast into the hollowed-out bone of a cuttlefish. The cuttlebone is unique to the cuttlefish, a cephalopod, and contains layers of porous calcium carbonate. The interior of the bone is soft enough to carve with your fingernail and when the calcium detritus is blown away a layered terracing is exposed which determines the surface of the casting. In some pieces the resulting metal casting is cut and shaped into another form using the layers inherent in the bone as a guide.